Guide To Shopping On Amazon India
Ok, here we go.......
If you’d like to give toward library materials (books, puzzles, board games, etc.), we’ve started an Amazon Christmas Wishlist here. Take a look at the instructions below to learn how to successfully purchase and send.
Take note: working with Amazon India is very different than Amazon US. Please follow the steps below to ensure you successfully secure your purchase.
If you don’t already have an Amazon account, please follow steps 1-4.
If you already have an Amazon account, jump ahead to step 5.
1. Click here to get to Amazon.com
2. Find “Hello. Sign in” and follow the menu to “Start Here” to create an account
3. Click on “Account & Lists” in the blue bar and Click on “Your Account,” then find the Addresses box
4. Add the billing address to whichever card you will want to use, save and
5. Clink the here for the Wish List
6. Add items to cart and proceed to checkout
7. You will be prompted to log in. Use the same login and password you use for your regular Amazon account
8. Select the delivery address Grace House c/o Dinbandhu
9. Choose your delivery option and click “Continue”
10. Fill out your credit card information (this is where your U.S. address will be used)
11. Complete your order, and the package will be sent directly to Grace House.
The great thing is, once your account is set up you won’t have to do this again. You can go directly to amazon.in and log in to your account. If you are purchasing something outside the wishlist, please let us know and we can provide you with a delivery address.
Keep in mind:
The exchange rate right now is 65:1 dollar, so the prices you see will be divided by 65 to get the cost in dollars. For example, an item listed as costing 3181.30 rupees on Amazon India will cost approximately $49 USD.
Please forward the confirmation email to us; we want to be sure and keep track of the gifts coming our way to ensure receipt of each item.
If you would like to ensure the gift is given to a particular child at Grace House, please let us know the details when forwarding the confirmation email. Avoid any items with the Global Store tag; these are imported items and are difficult to get delivered.